Usability testing & UX research
This is all about finding out what your customers or users want and need, understanding how well currently available websites and content - or your prototypes - meet their needs, and then optimising the user experience, based on this data.
- Usability testing & user interviewing - either in-person or remote moderated sessions. Working with a small sample of end users to look deeply into their experience, and understand how they use, and would like to use, your websites and web content.
- Digital Focus Groups - in-person workshops held with a group of end users and business stakeholders. These can include some usability testing as well as generative (co-design) activities.
- Analysis of website usage data (e.g. Google Analytics) to build a picture of how a website has been used, including user pathways, content and topic usage.
- Surveys & using online tools to gather feedback and information from a larger sample group.
- KPI development - working with you to determine appropriate key performance indicators & a measurement methodology to be used to monitor ongoing effectiveness of a website and its content.
- Search analytics - review and optimisation of the organic and onsite search experience.
Recent work has included:
- A group workshop, incorporating usability testing and exploring users perception of a website's intended purpose, to inform the development of an updated design
- Usability testing of a website in development with sample customers, to give the project owner a preview of users' response to the new website, and check for UX issues needing to be fixed before launch
- Using online testing tools to run experiments with people from a target audience, to identify effective labels to use for content categories and functionality
- Investigation of Google Analytics data on the usage of different site search, navigation and filtering options, to inform the design of simplified web page templates
Work with me
I can offer services on a freelance or contract basis. If you are looking for help with usability testing, user research or analytics, get in touch:
+64 21 510 212